House of Muses began with the idea that people who have bipolar disorder are actually worth a heck of a lot more than they think they are, even when they aren’t manic and think they’re God (but still then, too). I created this blog to show the bipolar community that you are not in it alone, there are others going through the same struggles, the same highs and the same lows. I created this bog to show the world that there are seemingly endless physical and mental disorders which go along with bipolar disorder and other mental illness, and the heartbreak and champions it takes to survive these challenges.
What kind of posts will House of Muses have?
House of Muses has three main types of posts:
- Be Beautiful — these posts are how to look and feel beautiful and to simply live a beautiful bipolar life.
- Be a Writer — these posts are all about the various aspects of writing, including how to make money as a writer.
- Dawn’s Notes — these are posts written by me about my bipolar experiences and what I’ve learned along the way, or education, reviews, and/or inspiration to live the best bipolar life you can.
- Guest Authors — these are posts written by guest authors who have bipolar disorder or another mental illness who are sharing their story on House of Muses
- Mania — these posts are pretty self-explanatory and deal with the manic episodes involved with bipolar disorder.
- Melancholy, a.k.a. Major Depression — also self-explanatory posts dealing with the melancholy or major depressive episodes of bipolar disorder.
- My Fiction Writing — these are posts which consist of my short stories, flash fiction and/ or the ongoing chapters from my current novel, Harper Mood, about the misadventures of a bipolar life.